HPC4Mfg seedlings established the program infrastructure with a focus on challenges in a broad range of energy intensive industries.
- Agenda2020, a paper making consortium, is partnering with LLNL and LBNL to reduce energy in paper-making, saving up to 80 trillion BTU’s per year.
- Purdue Calumet and LLNL are advancing steel blast furnace modeling to reduce coke usage in steel-making that could save up to $80 million per year.
- Soraa is partnering with LLNL to scale up their new GaN process to yield cheaper LED lighting and new power electronics.
- Eaton and LLNL are developing predicting microstructure in additively manufactured metal parts to aid in qualification.
- Carbontec Energy Corporation, Purdue Northwest, and LLNL are enabling the scale up of the E-Nugget production process which replaces coal with bio-mass in pig iron production.